LIBRARY GENERAL RULES
1. Permission must be requested from the library staff for users to enter the non-public areas of the library.
2. Library patrons are required, at all times, to display a student/staff card while in the library. Library reserved the right to refuse a service for those who fail to do so.
3. Library patrons should be well-behaved and well-dressed complying with the university approved Dress Code in the library.
4. While in the library users are PROHIBITED;
- To disturb other user by making noise, talking, and discussing and use cell phone in the library. Mobile phone shall be set to ‘silent mode’.
- To smokes, eats and drinks. To deface, tear, damage, and/or steal library materials.
- To move books and/or materials from any level or collection to another level or collection.
- To remove, abuse, and vandalize library furniture.
- To litters.
5. The library has the rights to ask users whose behaviour may be deemed as disturbing the peace of the library to leave the building.
6. Library materials can only be carried out by way of loans or having permission from the Chief Librarian.
7. Users are not allowed to bring pets into the library.
8. Personal belonging such as books, stationery and notebooks which are left on the table for a long period of time will be collected by the library staff. Users can claim at Circulation Counter.
9. Users are fully responsible for the borrowed materials. Making loans using someone else identification card is considered as an offence.
10. Announcements will be aired 15 minutes before closing time.
11. Silence must be observed at all times in the library. Users who wish to hold discussions may do so in the lobby or in one of the discussion rooms on this building.
12. Use of cellular phones is prohibited or silence mode the phone.
13. Action will be taken for those who steal, cause damage to library materials.
14. Move the materials from one section to another section are not allowed.
15. Move the furniture or other devices are not allowed.
16. Users are not allowed to move library materials from one floor to another or one collection to another.
17. After using the materials, please put them in the trolley nearby.
18. Do not book for seat and man and women have to sit at different table.
19. Announcements will be aired 15 minutes before closing time.
20. Users are subjected to the Copyright Act 1987 for any photocopies made.
21. The Chief Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities and services to users, for any infringement of these rules.
22. The Chief Librarian may amend or change the Library Rules and Regulations as and when deemed required.
23. For the benefit of all, the library reserves the right to amend and/or add any regulations from time to time without prior notice.